CLIENT PRE-CARE INSTRUCTIONS
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE BOOKING YOUR APPOINTMENT.
NOT ADHERING TO THESE INSTRUCTIONS CAN IMPACT YOUR HEALED RESULTS.
• It is recommended to eat something before your appointment to make sure your blood sugar levels stay stable during the procedure.
• No excessive alcohol or caffeine consumption 24 hours before your procedure. Alcohol and caffeine can thin the blood, which causes the skin to be hypersensitive, and bleed/bruise more easily.
• Avoid sun tanning one week prior to the procedure.
• Avoid blood thinning medications for 24 hours before the procedure. This includes Aspirin, Niacin (Vitamin B3), Vitamin E or Advil/Ibuprofen, fish oils tablets. Please consult your physician if this is an issue. • Eyelash extensions should be removed 3 days prior to the procedure.
• No eyelash perm and/or tinting at least 3 days prior.
• Discontinue Retin-A one week prior to the procedure.
• No Botox around the eye area 2 weeks prior.
• Eyelash growth serums like Latisse bring extra circulation to the lash line area which results in more growth of hair/lashes. This can cause the skin to be hypersensitive and bleed easily. It is recommended to discontinue the use of these products at least 3-6 months before your treatment.
• Do not wear any eye makeup on the day of your appointment.
• If you wear contact lenses, please wear glasses on the day of your appointment.
• Please Note: You will be more sensitive during your menstrual cycle.
CLIENT POST-CARE INSTRUCTIONS
• Splash your eyes with water and wash off any pigment residue immediately after the procedure. Pat dry gently with a clean tissue.
• Wash the skin around the eyes twice a day (morning & night) using a gentle, unscented soap (Cetaphil or baby shampoo). Use your fingertips to cleanse gently and pat dry with a clean tissue.
• Apply ointment 2-3 times a day for up to 7 days for thick eyeliner (OMIT FOR LASH LINE ENHANCEMENT).
• Scabs will take about 7 -10 days to peel off. Do not pick at the scabs or peel them off prematurely.
• Swelling and redness is normal for the first few days.
• Slight stinging sensation in the first few days is also normal.
• The colour will fade approximately 30-50% lighter when the scabs fall off. This is completely normal. Do not feel discouraged if the fading is more than you expected.
• To achieve the perfect eyeliner, we need to see how your skin accepts the initial application and a touch-up appointment is where we will perfect the shape and colour.
• No eye makeup is allowed until the scabs completely fall off.
• Avoid sweaty exercises such as hot saunas, hot yoga, and swimming.
• The eyeliner will start to form scabs and they might look dark and thick. As the skin heals, the scabs will fall off in random pieces and might look patchy.
• Flaking and crusting on the tattoo area may occur.
• Avoid pulling off the scabs that are dried on the lashes.
• When you try to pull off the scabs that are hanging on your lashes, ensure the scabs are soft enough to slide off from the lashes. Use a mascara brush to help remove the scabs.
• Swelling occurs up to 3 days after the procedure, especially in the morning.
• Exercising the eyes can help reduce swelling and puffiness. Try blinking actively for 2 minutes in the morning.
• To relieve swelling, you can ice the area with soft gel ice packs.